THE COLLECTIF: ITS RAISON D’ÊTRE
Eighteen provincial francophone organizations came together to form the Collectif de la communauté du savoir (CCS), representing knowledge communities. These organizations are committed to encouraging their members and partners to work together to:
- implement projects and initiatives in their communities in order to promote existing training opportunities, formal, non-formal or informal alike;
- create new opportunities according to targeted gaps; and
- showcase opportunities in the community by celebrating collective and individual successes, while developing a taste for learning.
As partners, they made a commitment to work toward the same goal and developed 4 guiding principles:
- Partners will comply with the organization’s mission: lifelong learning;
- Activities will bring together people of all ages, all skills and all cultures;
- Learning consists of the three types of knowledge: skills, knowledge and behaviours;
- Places and opportunities for learning French must be varied and must include formal, non-formal and informal training.
The partners in the Collectif, their members and contributors will work together to achieve the stated goal. The approach is collaborative and complementary, seeking to encourage reflective and critical collective action, rooted in the community. All members of the Collectif work with members and partners from various communities. They will promote lifelong learning, the benefits of building knowledge communities according to the needs of participating communities, while facilitating learning activities.
The CCS is first and foremost a group of partners who want to support lifelong learning initiatives in francophone communities in Ontario, by using their resources in a spirit of solidarity, inclusiveness and action.